If anyone has information to include on this page, please email
The construction of our line began on the corner of what previously existed as the Andrew Lind farm adjoining the town on the east. At that time it was known as the Crooked Lake School.
The building was 22' x 30' with 10' studding. It was built in 1890 by Mr. Kirvack, who furnished the lumber. Constructing the building cost Mr. Kirvack $150. The building had a handmade beaded ceiling. This line progressed in 1915 when Siren Village was started and the population became too large for this small building and it became necessary to build a two room school.
In 1910, Mr. Albert Lund, who had started school in the old building purchased it from William Lindstrom.
The first teacher at Siren School was Alfred Jacobson from Grantsburg.
A modern brick building was begun in 1921 to accomodate all the grades. Then the golden spike was pounded connecting the two lines and a four- year highschool was added.
The old two room building was purchased by the Lutheran congregation and built into the present church. However, as time passed and passengers for the line became too many, the old brick building was the scene of construction again as a new addition began to grow into the north side of the old school house. The work was started in July 1951, but because of unfavorable weather it was dropped and work continued again in the spring of 1952.
|A Brief History of the Building's Construction|
Original High School Wing
|1965||Shower Room Addition|
|1972||Shop and Elementary Wing Addition|
|1979||New Gym, Media Center, Elementary Wing, and High School Addition|
|Demolition of 1921 and 1938 building|
On May 29, 2012 there was a fire in the small gymnasium. The gym roof was destroyed and school was dismissed for the school year. Cleanup was completed in the Summer of 2012 and plans for the new gymnasium roof were put into action that fall. Check back for updated information in the Spring of 2013.
| HOME |
Updated by: Ms. Peterson 10/2/12