Burnett County Alternative Learning Center
Instructional Aide Position
The Burnett County Alternative Learning Center is seeking an Instructional Aide.
The Burnett County Alternative Learning Center (ALC) is an established alternative
school located in Siren in the northwest corner of Wisconsin. The ALC was formed in
2000 as a consortium between the rural school districts of Siren and Grantsburg.
The ALC provides an alternative setting for at-risk 11th and 12th grade students from
Grantsburg and Siren.
This is a full-time position at 35 hours a week. Start date is October 4, 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Providing hands-on support to the teacher and students with lessons and
daily classroom activities
● Assist the teacher with paperwork, Emails, preparing and printing lessons,
printing and correcting tests, and keeping records for grading and attendance.
● Assist to keep transcripts updated by keeping track of the completed work by
● Provide extra one-on-one support to students.
● Communicate with the students, to help them understand their lessons.
● Help guide lifelong skills by instructing students on proper classroom and
● Keep the classroom clean.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application found on the Siren School
website and either bring it to the Siren High School office or mail it to:
Mr. Darrell Imhoff
Siren High School
24022 Fourth Ave.
Siren, WI 54872
Applications are due as soon as possible and no later than Friday October 1, 2021..
Applications will be reviewed as received.
If you have questions please contact Darrell Imhoff, High School Principal at
email@example.com or (71) 349-2277 ext 200.
Community Education Director
Communities United Education (CUE) is a successful community education organization serving the two school districts of Siren and Webster, Wisconsin.
The highly self-directed director shall establish community education courses based on the needs and interests for people of all ages in both school districts, utilizing facilities and community resources. 20 to 24 hours per week. $15+ an hour depending on qualification. Flexible schedule. Some remote work possible.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Establish community education courses
● Design community education catalog and maintain website
● Coordinate and supervise instructional staff
● Manage enrollment procedures and participant / instructor fee schedules based
on recommendations of CUE Advisory Committee.
● Develop and manage community education budget
● Report regularly to CUE Advisory Council Qualifications
● A firm commitment to the concept of community education
● Highly self-motivated individual with strong management capabilities and organization skills
● Able to meet deadlines
● Ability to work with diverse population: CUE Advisory Council, school boards, educational staff and community education participants
● Excellent computer / website development skills
● Non-profit, administrative background is helpful.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Mail resume and cover letter to Communites United in Education, 24022 Fourth
Avenue, Siren WI 54893. The Executive Committee will contact qualified applications
for scheduling an interview.
Dragon Learning Center Coordinator Position
Lead our exciting after school program! Looking for a dynamic person to
head this position. Duties include: Hiring staff, attendance, programming,
working with day school staff, scheduling, transportation schedules,
surveys, communicating with parents and the community. This position is
20 to 30 hours per week.
Dragon Learning Center Teachers Needed
Our Dragon Learning Center is looking for adults to join our exciting after
school program. We are looking for teachers but you do not have to be a
licensed teacher. Candidates that have an interest in teaching and helping
students grow as learners should apply. Working hours are from 3:30 pm
until 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday. All applicants will be subject to a
background check and need a good driving record. Duties include:
homework assistance, enrichment lessons, and supervision. This position
is 10 hours per week.
Please send a letter of application to:
Bret Iverson, Dragon Learning Center Coordinator
Siren School District
24022 4th Avenue
Siren, WI 54872